Non-Techie Technical Account Manager/Consulting Engineer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Vindicia is seeking a hands-on Technical Account Manager in our professional services organization. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading named strategic accounts and additional portfolio accounts from pre-sales engagement through implementation and into post-live support. This position requires someone with hands-on technical/ architectural skills as well as industry knowledge and business savvy. This is a key role, and reports directly to the Vice President of Professional Services.
Preferred candidates will have business and technical background in one or more of the following areas:
- Subscription based online businesses
- Billing for online gaming, content, and downloadable software industries
- Payment Industry standards, including PCI compliance
- Customer retention and membership marketing
- Fraud detection, fraud prevention, and chargeback management
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the sales effort by explaining the role of professional services, our implementation methodology, and industry best practices across the full spectrum of e-commerce.
- Scope the integration effort and prepare draft statements of work (SOW’s) for customers exceeding a standard implementation
- Lead project kick-off meetings. Work with the customer to refine scope, establish a realistic timeline, and plan for intermediate check-points to ensure a successful implementation in the timeframes agreed
- Assess technical design decisions and advise merchants on industry best practices in their development of internal processes and procedures
- Advise merchants on the proper use of Vindicia API’s across ChargeGuard, CashBox, and other products as appropriate.
- Coordinate integration and advise merchant on requirements to connect with appropriate payment processors
- Be an advocate for merchant requirements within Vindicia
- Manage inbound assistance requests from customers. Provide guidance to customer on technical and business issues. Troubleshoot issues within the customer environment and interface with engineering to develop corrections.
- Schedule and conduct periodic business reviews to ensure merchants are able to exploit the platform to the greatest possible extent. Advise merchant on best practices such as A-B testing, subscriber management techniques, and offer management.
- Be an active member of the professional services team by sharing improvement ideas and driving internal projects as needed to enhance team delivery capability
- 8 years of professional software development lifecycle experience.
- 4 years of experience as a senior developer / lead in a functional domain is preferred.
- Strong technical leadership qualities and creative problem solving skills.
- Strong business analysis and solid customer interaction skills.
- Technical Bachelor’s degree required.
- Experience in a professional services practice of a software company is preferred.
- Diplomacy in cross functional team coordination to deliver results on customer’s behalf.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- E-commerce experience or knowledge is desirable.
- Expert proficiency in at least one of the following languages – Java, C#, PHP, C++/Win32 COM.
- Must be experienced in overall software development lifecycle (IDE, AppServer, Webserver, databases etc.), preferably from a professional services perspective
- Strong working understanding of the following languages – Java, C#, PHP, .NET, Perl.
- Comfortable in working (in shell script level) in multiple operating systems – Linux, Windows.
- Good working understanding of XML and Web Services.
- Good working understanding of database systems – Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL Server.
- Besides a fun work environment, Vindicia offers a full range of benefits including health and vision care with subsidized dependent coverage, a generous stock option package, and 401k.
- Vindicia products are delivered on a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) basis. Therefore, travel for this role should not exceed 20%
How to Apply
Send Digital Resume to: email@example.com