Full-Time Software Developer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
We are looking for a proactive and collaborative developer who will thrive in a forward thinking technical environment to join our growing engineering team. This role will have ownership over developing a whole feature of the product that directly impacts the consumer app experience. You will have visibility into the product road map and the ability to make immediate changes to enhancing the product.
This would be an ideal role for someone who is a natural leader and would thrive in a fast paced, consumer-focused start up. This position reports to the Technical Director.
- Develop feature enhancements and design in an agile work environment.
- Collaborate with clients, operations and QA engineers to optimize scalability and network efficiency.
- Participate in testing regularly scheduled releases.
- Stay up-to-date with relevant technologies and proactively suggest architecture changes and new coding practices.
- Maintain a self-starting, highly motivated, detail-oriented approach to all projects.
- Proactively and effectively communicate issues and barriers regarding the project to Management and Product teams.
- Advocate for best practices, great usability and exceptional quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7-10 years of software development experience
- Experience with server technologies
- Object Oriented programing with Java
- Experience leading/mentoring junior members
- Database design and modeling
- Experience with Spring framework
- Work closely with product teams to gather requirements
- Strong database skills with DB tuning and performance optimization a plus
- Experience with PostrestSQL, high availability and scalable applications a plus
- Exposure to payment systems a plus
- Competitive Salary and opportunity for career growth
- Full medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance
- 401K + company match
- Offices in Menlo Park (close to Menlo Park Caltrain station) and Financial District
- Fitness center, fitness class, ping-pong, pinball, and team bonding events
- Healthy snacks, drinks, and weekly lunches
- A fun, flexible, and friendly startup
If you love magazines and want to be a part of a company that is revolutionizing the digital space, please apply!