The hire will evaluate and strategically scale the existing Social Media practices in addition to implementing new strategies. The Social Media & General Marketing Manager will broadly oversee all community and social media activities at Aeris, including researching and developing new ways for us to connect with our audience. The candidate will also handle other marketing activities such as events marketing, awards & speakership submissions.
Social Media Marketing Responsibilities
- Evaluate the current Aeris social media practices and interview key stakeholders in the organization to understand the residential solar lending market.
- Design new content and creative campaigns to further engage our audience and spread our vision of IoT connectivity & services on a global basis.
- Evaluate and implement appropriate social media marketing software vendors.
- Actively monitor social media and news opportunities in the solar and clean energy space, constantly looking for opportunities where Aeris can enter the conversation.
- Design, document and implement a social media marketing plan for Aeris. Keep this plan up to date with current best practices.
- Implement daily activities such as posting, tweeting, sharing, retweeting and other ideas to support our Vision.
- Help with Social Advertising initiatives such as LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook Advertising campaigns.
- Utilize social analytics to analyze data and draw out insights. Prepare reporting on campaigns to analyze and demonstrate efficacy.
- Build a community around our brand, seeding content, raising thought-provoking issues and generally remaining interesting to our audience to keep us top of mind.
- Manage community events such as facilitating the IoT Silicon Valley Meetup, one of the oldest and most successful IoT meetups in the SF Bay Area.
General Marketing Responsibilities
- Plan and execute 3rd party events and tradeshow sponsorships
- Plan and execute awards submission for our company and customers
- Plan and execute speakership submissions for our company and customers
Desired Skills and Experience
- 1+ years of experience with Social Media Marketing management, preferably in a start-up company environment with 30-100+ employees.
- Familiarity with social listening tools
- Understanding of what works / doesn’t work across the various social media platforms as well as the technical details of running campaigns on each platform.
- Excellent communications skills both oral and written.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to recognize and take advantage of emerging trends and developments in social media
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure and within a collaborative team-oriented environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Desire to grow and learn; ability to prioritize and multi-task in a dynamic, creative, challenging and fast-paced environment
- Some travel required
Experience / Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in online marketing, journalism, advertising, communications or a related field and/or equivalent education
- At least two years of experience in a marketing position, with 1 year in B2B social media experience (in-house or agency) and a passion for connecting with customers
- Successful track record of managing social media campaigns on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, SlideShare, and other online platforms