Techie Senior Technical Program Manager (Security Standards Compliance)
Okta is an integrated identity and mobility management service. Built from the ground up in the cloud, Okta securely and simply connects people to their applications from any device, anywhere, at anytime. Okta integrates with existing directories and identity systems, as well as thousands of on-premises, cloud and mobile applications, and runs on a secure, reliable and extensively audited cloud-based platform.
More than 2,000 customers, including Activision, Allergan, BMC Software, Groupon, Informatica, LinkedIn, Purolator and SAP, use Okta to improve employee productivity, increase supply chain efficiency and revenue and improve compliance. The thousands of enterprises and cloud vendors, as well as the millions of people using Okta, are the foundation of the industry’s fastest growing IT network for the cloud and mobile world. Okta is backed by premier venture capital firms Andreessen Horowitz, Greylock Partners, Khosla Ventures and Sequoia Capital. To learn more about Okta, visit: https://www.okta.com.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you are in a leadership position within the Engineering organization – to partner with Engineering, Product Management & Customer Success teams to build and deliver key projects and programs. The Program Manager is the point person for clarifying strategic level goals, and outlining the execution plans to achieve them. Employing both a strategic focus, as well as a tactical approach is a must in this role. The Program Manager will play a critical role in the delivery of a wide range of initiatives – from small, quick wins, to lengthy and complex programs. The ideal candidate will have strong program / project management experience in a SaaS and agile environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Structure and kick-off continuous and/or time-bound programs within the Engineering organization by clarifying priorities, enabling the execution of deliverables, defining process flows, and providing continuous transparency.
- Lead Engineering initiatives to obtain industry compliance certifications.
- Take a hands-on approach and partner with Engineering team leads and managers to implement and adopt processes and procedures in accordance with SOC 2 and ISO standards.
- Scrum manager and/or project manage various initiatives and/or teams within Engineering.
- Lead the introduction of new processes / workflows, by creating and bringing proposed solutions to the teams. Work collaboratively to roll-out iteratively.
- Build and maintain alignment across multiple teams for keeping a focus on execution, continuous improvement, and operational excellence.
- Take a hands-on and proactive approach to unblock progress, introduce efficiencies, and provide workflow solutions.
- Anticipate and mitigate risks – by having close involvement with teams’ goals and challenges, applying past experience, and keeping in mind the big picture.
- Provide clear and crisp transparency to the status and progress of initiatives.
- Champion the adoption of agile best practices within Engineering & Product Management.
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum 4 years in program management experience in a software, SaaS, or systems development environment
- Led cross-organizational teams to deliver strategic / business level goals, by partnering with Product & Engineering leadership
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience kicking off initiatives, and introducing prioritization & operational practices
- Above average ability to build and foster collaborative and productive teams
- Minimum 3 years in project management experience in a software, SaaS, or systems development environment
- Experience working closely with software and operational engineers
- Hands-on experience project managing an initiative from start to finish
- Expertise with software development lifecycles
- Stellar verbal and written communication skills.
- Sufficient level of technical aptitude to effectively communicate with Engineers, and draw attention to technical risks or challenges
- Able to adjust communication style to communicate with individual Engineers as well as C-level leaders.
- Has developed successful strategies for influencing and motivating others
- Rises to the challenge when starting with a blank slate
- Able to focus on the trees, while still considering the forest
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with a high rate of change
- Able to successfully understand high level architecture schemes and system components
- Experience with SOC 2, and ISO information security standards and audits
- Experience working closely not only with software developers and testers, but also with Operations or Dev Ops engineers
- Effectively judges technical risk and understands complex, technical challenges
- Understands and effectively distinguishes scrum master and project management responsibilities
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Training in Agile or Scrum Manager certification
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.