Techie Senior Software Engineer, Infrastructure
- Polyvore is a shopping site and app where you can give and get styling inspiration from one of the world’s largest style community.
- We empower people to discover and express their style.
- We’re a social site that drives sales to retailers. Our average basket size across retail partners is over $383, which is higher than other leading social networks combined. (http://www.richrelevance.com/insights/shopping-insights-social-shopping-112013/’>RichRelevance)
- We’re a product and technology led company that lives by three values: delighting the user, making an impact and doing a few things well. We look for people that are team players, take ownership and work hard to make things happen.
About Polyvore – http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/about
About the job
We’re seeking someone to spread Polyvore’s presence around the web, make sharing content intuitive, and to drive traffic back to Polyvore. You’ll be creating software to enhance the infrastructure and enable a better user experience. We’re in need of engineers who’ll want to work on a variety of projects where you can touch every part of the site!
- Use real-time data and user feedback to iterate quickly on product features
- Look to increase automation and code quality, with a goal of pushing releases several times a day
- Architect & Implement tools and technologies to increase developer productivity and ensure our development environment is cutting edge
- Build products that delight people: simple on the surface, running smoothly under the hood
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years experience programming in some combination of Perl, Java, or Python
- Linux administration, automation and shell scripting expertise
- Experience with Perl package management using Pinto, CPAN, etc
- SQL knowledge
- Development experience with the following systems: cassandra, MySQL, memcached, gearman
About Polyvore Engineering – http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/about.engineering