Techie Senior Software Engineer, Android
- Polyvore is a shopping site and app where you can give and get styling inspiration from one of the world’s largest style community.
- We empower people to discover and express their style.
- We’re a social site that drives sales to retailers. Our average basket size across retail partners is over $383, which is higher than other leading social networks combined. (http://www.richrelevance.com/insights/shopping-insights-social-shopping-112013/’>RichRelevance)
- We’re a product and technology led company that lives by three values: delighting the user, making an impact and doing a few things well. We look for people that are team players, take ownership and work hard to make things happen.
About Polyvore – http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/about
About The Job
The Polyvore experience is fundamentally visual and creative – our users come to our site every month to browse, discover and create content. You’ll be responsible for bringing this experience to a set of mobile devices that are incredibly well-suited to browsing, discovery and creation. Over half of our users already access Polyvore via a mobile device.
As the owner of our Android effort, you’ll help define the way millions of users interact with our product.
- Extensive experience in Java development and UI design patterns.
- Deep understanding of Android Activities, Fragments, Views, and Services
- You’ve conceived, built, and launched at least two native Android applications.
- You’re passionate about the user experience, and have strong product instincts.
- The ability to optimize for limited resources: memory usage, connectivity, battery life, CPU, etc.
- You’ve built a network-dependent Android app.
- A track record of building and using web-based API’s.
- Experience developing iOS applications is a plus.
About Polyvore Engineering – http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/about.engineering