Techie Senior Software Engineer
- Polyvore is a shopping site and app where you can give and get styling inspiration from one of the world’s largest style community.
- We empower people to discover and express their style.
- We’re a social site that drives sales to retailers. Our average basket size across retail partners is over $383, which is higher than other leading social networks combined. (http://www.richrelevance.com/insights/shopping-insights-social-shopping-112013/’>RichRelevance)
- We’re a product and technology led company that lives by three values: delighting the user, making an impact and doing a few things well. We look for people that are team players, take ownership and work hard to make things happen.
About Polyvore – http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/about
About the job
We’re seeking someone to spread Polyvore’s presence around the web, make sharing content intuitive, and to drive traffic back to Polyvore. You’ll be creating software at all levels of the development stack, from back-end analytics to front-end interfaces. We’re in need of engineers who’ll want to work on a variety of projects where you can touch every part of the site!
- Design, implement, polish and A/B test features and library utilities in LAMP.
- Own the full stack of a feature – from the DB layer to the business logic layer to the presentation layer.
- Use real-time data and user feedback to iterate quickly on product features.
- Look to increase automation and code quality, with a goal of pushing releases several times a day.
- Build products that delight people: simple on the surface, running smoothly under the hood.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Programming / scripting (Java, C++, Perl, or Python etc.) skills and SQL knowledge
- 8+ years of web development experience, preferably on a LAMP platform
About Polyvore Engineering – http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/about.engineering