Non-Techie Director, Product Marketing
As the primary advocate for the customer, you will work with the Product management team on the product roadmap, and feature set that keeps us on the forefront of innovation. You, along with the team will craft the strategy and messaging for company and product launches, partner engagements, and all sales enablement tools. Product Marketing is the primary source for consistent and unified product information that fuels sales and the customer success team. Your customer driven direction will also guide the team on messaging for the website and external communications.
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of experience in Product Marketing, Product Management, or Technical marketing experience at both start-ups and established companies. In this role, you will make data-driven decisions to move the team and product forward and hit company goals, develop the strategy for messaging, promotion and selling of our products. You will also train and support sales and customer support teams on new tools and products.
Additionally, you will serve as an evangelist for our products through thought leadership and blogging, social media, and speaking. If you want to contribute to a team that will truly appreciate your dedication and hard work, considering
Tasks at hand
- Together with the product team, educate both internal and external stakeholders on our product features and their benefits.
- Create content (e.g. sales documentation, product videos, website copy, blog posts, Quora, and other forums) to articulate the benefits of our products to the world.
- Assist sales on calls when appropriate to provide deeper dives into the product.
- Speak and present both internally and externally to promote the story of our product.
- Measure and optimize the buyer journey as it relates to product feature adoption and usage.
- BA/BS degree (graduate degree preferred) or equivalent work experience.
- Past experience in cloud services, product marketing, and/or product management. – video conferencing experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills — there is a heavy amount of writing and presenting/selling ideas in this role.
- You will be expected to build product pages, and work with the web team to optimize the conversion paths on those pages, and use smart calls-to-action to create and test buyer stage-specific CTAs.
- Results Focus. Center on professional and personal growth.
- Enthusiastic. A fun and energetic co-worker.
- Strong analytical thinker. “If there is a problem I have a solution” attitude.
- Strategic thinker. Translates high level strategies into practical implementation strategies.
- A Leader. Proactive and will use excellent judgment when dealing with issues.
- Customer Focused. Passionate for client success at all times.
- Detail Oriented. Supremely well-organized with attention to detail.
- Team Player. Ability to work effectively and cross-functionally within all levels of management, both internally and externally.