Non-Techie Content Marketing Manager
AppDirect is the cloud service commerce leader making software and products accessible globally. The AppDirect cloud service commerce platform unites providers, developers and consumers of cloud services into a single ecosystem. This makes it easy for businesses to find, buy and manage cloud services from a central location and delivers new opportunities for providers to distribute, sell, and market cloud services.
AppDirect-powered marketplaces, billing and distribution, and reselling services help providers – including Samsung, Telstra, Deutsche Telekom, ADP and others – connect millions of business users to solutions from Microsoft, Google, Box, DocuSign and more.
About the Team
From public relations to brand management, the marketing team at AppDirect ensures that we maintain a reputation of being the go-to company for cloud needs. As a growing company, it is important that AppDirect maintains a reliable, positive image as a cloud services leader and we are the ones who manage this mission. From media stories to tweets, we help get the AppDirect name out.
The ideal candidate will be experienced with solid technical affinity, proven ability to write persuasively across multiple platforms – digital, social, mobile, print, broadcast, etc. – and the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment as well as cross-functional teams and external organizations. If you can execute like a journalist, think like a product marketer and write like a storyteller, applying this mindset to the creation of content that supports the brand, demand generation, public relations, product marketing and the executive team – then this is the role for you!
- Conceptualize storylines for a variety of buyer/decision-maker personas.
- Break down AppDirect core messaging into simple, yet confident language while developing content for a range of demand gen programs including prospecting emails, nurturing programs, paid and earned media placements, company blog, website, etc.
- Develop creative briefs, produce and deliver assets, social media/blog posts, placed articles, webinars, eBooks, infographics, etc.
- Take a lead role in managing editorial calendar based on strategic goals, key markets/verticals, business priorities, nurturing programs schedules and events.
- Recommend best practices and proactively recognize opportunities to reuse, repackage and optimize content to maximize return on the company’s content investment.
- Team with demand generation, creative design, events, solution marketing, product managers and other internal and external partners to manage the content development process from end-to-end. Participate in development of art direction, message development for creative design work related to campaigns and marketing materials
- 4-5 years of B2B marketing or agency experience supporting both thought leadership and sales conversion with an emphasis on SaaS
- Experience executing a variety of marketing initiatives as part of managing integrated content marketing program.
- Stellar writing, editing, proofreading, grammar, spelling and punctuation skills. Experience and ability to interpret complex business information and convert it into clear and easy messaging/copy customized for targeted audiences.
- A fast doer with excellent project management skills and the ability to lead and manage time-sensitive, cross-functional initiatives in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial environment with little supervision.
- Entrepreneurial, pragmatic, no-nonsense minded, with a passion for building companies and enjoying the ride along the way!
- Proven hands-on experience with uploading and managing content in Word Press, including knowledge of relevant SEO practices.
- Experience developing social media content and promotions for LinkedIn/Groups and Twitter.
- Familiarity with managing content marketing results and ROI through use of Google Analytics, Hubspot, and Twitter accounts and analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in English, Journalism, Communication or Marketing
- Writing samples are required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business / Marketing / English / Journalism or other related field
- 1-5 years marketing experience
- Experience marketing for B2B companies a plus
- Professional writing experience a plus