We are looking for Senior Software Engineers to develop and enhance platform development tools for embedded communication and media products. Design, develop, enhance and maintain GUI and command line tools in Linux/UNIX development environment. Create and adapt the backend scripts and tools to facilitate the front end UI functionality. Follow standard design and implementation processes and procedures. Develop well-defined developer tools and interfaces. Perform integration, testing, and related release documentation. Contribute to the software and processor architecture for next-generation chips, development kits and software modules.
- Develop software development tools for our Internet Processor family
- Develop Graphical and Textual UI in Linux environment
- Create flows and methodology for embedded device development
- Become expert in emerging development technologies, evaluate feasibility and develop project schedules
- Act as a technical lead within a project focused team
- BSCS/BSEE or MSCS/MSEE
- 5+ years of experience in design, implementation, & debugging of software in C/C++
- 5+ years of embedded system development tools experience
- Experience developing Graphical UI tools for embedded systems development
- Expert using Linux for everyday work -- including command-line tools for file manipulation, text processing, text matching with regular expression syntax
- Programming experience in C and C++ - both development and maintenance - with demonstrated application of OOD principles where applicable
- Familiarity with how software authored in the above languages is built on Linux platforms object files and archive libraries
- Scripting experience in Linux shells, Tcl, and Perl
- Experience embedding scripting or expression evaluation technology in a C-based product
- Experience implementing UI interfaces for flexible/configurable embedded processors in Linux/Windows environment
- Experience with GNU debugging and development tools
- Object-Oriented Analysis and Design
How To Apply
If you are interested in discussing career opportunities with Ubicom, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please reference the job title that you are interested in pursuing.
Applicants only, please — no agencies, recruiters or headhunters. Ubicom is an equal opportunity employer.
9 Oct 2009 2:22 PM