Department: Professional Services
Location: Oakland, CA or based in U.S.A.
The Technical Analyst works with the Integration Architect and under the direction of a Project Manager to test and operationalize integrated data feeds and other features to power solutions to meet customers' needs. The Technical Analyst is assigned specific integration project deliverables in the Design, Build, and Test phase of a project.
This position requires technical expertise and excellent verbal and written communication skills. The ideal candidate will be comfortable interacting with customers and also internal engineering and production operations team members. Knowledge of and comfort with technical work streams are key success factors for this role.
Scope of Work and Responsibilities:
A Technical Analyst may work on multiple projects at once and should be comfortable juggling and prioritizing a variety of tasks for each project. These include:
1. Communicating data requirements to integration partners, including 3PLs, third party EDI service providers, and Customer IT executives,
2. Understanding and creating Integration Design and String Test Conditions to be tested,
3. String Testing all components of integration from partner transport through application processing per design specification,
4. Tracking coverage and pass/fail status of planned String Test Conditions,
5. Reporting test issues to Integration Services resource(s) for resolution and regression testing on all required test conditions,
6. Preparing test data for Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing activities,
7. Creating data translation mapping specifications,
8. Supporting Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing activities with customer and partner,
9. Smoke testing of integration components to Production after deployment, and
10. Writing and executing SQL database queries to identify and resolve issues.
1. Previous experience implementing package and/or custom software through a software development lifecycle (SDLC) implementation model, specifically with the following tasks:
a. Test data preparation
b. Unit build and testing
c. Test case / issue tracking
d. Data migration
2. Previous experience with integration testing.
3. Previous experience with EDI and XML message formats.
4. Previous experience standard transportation message formats including: X12 EDI 214, 210, 300, 301, 304, 310, 315, 850, 856 and others
5. Proficiency with SQL, X12 EDI, XML, WTX, XSL,and related tools a plus.
6. Ability to write data translation mapping specifications between message types such as EDI to XML.
7. Experience in the international transportation industry (Ocean / Air Freight / 3PL) a plus.
8. Proven ability to be a strong team player – ability to work within a cross-functional team (products, engineering, sales, etc.).
9. Passion for contributing to a growing business and fostering a team atmosphere
10. Bachelor's degree in technical or business field.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and a one-page cover letter with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to put PSO2-TA- North America and your name in the Subject of your email. Send Word and text files only - no links to resumes, no PDF's, no html files.
Principals only. Recruiters please don't contact us about this job.
Please, no phone calls about this job.
Reposting this position elsewhere is not OK.
30 Jul 2009 3:52 PM