The sustaining technical lead is responsible for sustaining existing Infoblox products and developing the hot fixes, patch and maintenance releases for Infoblox network appliances that provide network services such as DNS, DHCP, and RADIUS. The successful candidate will be a very technical, versatile, a leader and willing to work on any area of the product.
As a member of the Customer Engineering team you will need to learn and maintain existing code, do in-depth root cause analysis of software defects, design and implement solutions, review design/implementation from other engineers in the team. Duties include root cause analyses of field issues, handling escalations with a sense of urgency, interacting with Customer Support to discuss analysis of escalations and critical defects status and reporting of engineering analysis of critical issues on a weekly basis. This job requires a detail oriented driven individual who can handle significant work load, can thrive in a multi-tasking environment and can juggle multiple priorities.
Skills & Requirements:
- 8+ years total experience software development in C/C++ programming in a linux or unix environment
- At least 2 years in a Sustaining Engineer role, with proven technical and leadership skills
- Familiarity with Shell/Perl scripting is required
- Experience with relational databases and object-oriented concepts is preferred.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, socket programming is preferred.
- Experience with XML is a plus
- Knowledge of DNS, DHCP, RADIUS protocols is a plus
- Familiarity with Microsoft Active Directory and LDAP/authentication protocols is a plus
- Full software development life-cycle experience, with proven track record of shipping software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good Interpersonal and leadership skills are a must
- BS degree in CS, CE or EE is required.
- MS is a plus
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the job title in the subject line.