Development Tools Technical Lead/Senior Software Engineer
Are you excited about creating software tools and development kits? Is your secret ambition to create a developer eco–system for products used by everyone on the planet? We are creating a global multi–modal computing platform and we need the tools that enable application development by 3rd party developers and by our user community as this is a critical component of our business model.
- Work with a team to define and build software tools to enable development of J2ME applications and paper products for deployment to our mobile computing platform.
- Work closely with our application development group and runtime services engineers to ensure that the development tools meet the needs of the applications and leverage the capabilities of the platform.
- Work closely with SQA to ensure the development of effective test plans and test cases.
- Experience developing Eclipse plugins using PDE.
- Tools background – experience with at least one other tool framework/technology base beyond Eclipse (e.g. .Net).
- Experience through the full software development lifecycle – at least two shipped products.
- Strong analysis and design skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- More than 10 years of software development experience.
- BA/BS in Software Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience.
Very desirable, but not required:
- Experience developing model–driven tools and model based code generation.
- Experience with J2ME and mobile devices.
- Experience with I18N/L10N.
Please email all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "Development Tools Technical Lead/Senior Software Engineer" in the subject line. Please attach your resume in either word (.doc) or Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) format.
30 May 2009 7:24 AM