Application/Handwriting Recognition Senior Software Engineer
Are you excited about creating applications that run on multi–modal computing platforms? Do you dream about character and handwriting recognition in every language under the sun? Are you looking for a team of great J2ME application and platform engineers? Our J2ME application team is expanding as we step up to the challenge of making the Livescribe multi–modal computing platform go global.
- Work with a team to define and build new capabilities for handwriting recognition into our mobile computing platform and desktop applications.
- Work with our partner company – a well–known handwriting recognition company – to integrate their HR algorithms into our programs and platform in multiple human written languages.
- Work closely with SQA to ensure the development of effective test plans and test cases.
- J2ME application development experience.
- Experience with Vision Objects or other handwriting recognition products.
- Experience designing system APIs and infrastructure.
- Excellent engineering design skills.
- Experience through the full software development lifecycle – at least one shipped product.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- More than 5 years of software development experience.
- BA/BS in Software Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience.
Nice to have, but not required:
- Experience with at least one other written foreign language.
- C/C++ development experience.
- Advanced degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science.
Please email all inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org and include "Application/Handwriting Recognition Senior Software Engineer" in the subject line. Please attach your resume in either word (.doc) or Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) format.
30 May 2009 7:26 AM