BlackArrow is looking for a dynamic, highly motivated senior product manager to drive key initiatives around its advanced advertising system for new TV platforms. This candidate must have strong presentation and writing skills, a passion for turning customer requirements into software products, and the ability to thrive in a demanding, fast-paced environment within a young company. As a senior product manager you will be responsible for projects that have significant impact to BlackArrow and the advertising industry in general.
Location: San Mateo, CA
- Develop a broad understanding of customer needs, market trends and the competitive landscape in the rapidly evolving advertising industry
- Meet directly with customers on an ongoing basis to clearly understand their workflows and pain points
- Collect additional requirements from internal business stakeholders and partners in support of overall business objectives, product positioning, and go-to-market planning
- Drive the product strategy and market and product requirements definition, convert these into a clear, actionable development tasks
- Perform in-depth business analysis to support product recommendations
- Maintain competitive analysis specific to your areas of focus
- Support the sales process both directly and indirectly via direct customer contact, participation in sales calls as the “product and industry expert”, by creation of presentations, whitepapers and other sales collateral
The position requires significant organizational skills; outstanding communications and problem-solving skills; knowledge of the product development lifecycle; and experience creating and marketing software to the cable/MSO, telco and media and entertainment industries.
- Requires detailed knowledge of the workflows, processes and technology involved in delivering on-demand programming and advertising from broadcast networks out to the home via cable plants and/or the Internet.
- Requires knowledge of the way advanced, addressable advertising is sold and managed across linear and VOD TV content and the systems, standards and processes involved.
- 3 - 5 years of software or Hosted Services/ASP product management responsibility or equivalent with demonstrated success shipping multiple versions of commercially available products is strongly desired
- Proven experience working with extremely tight deadlines in order to meet aggressive product schedules
- Ability to concisely summarize complex issues and make clear, compelling recommendations
- Requires BA/BS, or equivalent experience, MBA preferred
BlackArrow offers a fast, fun, creative and diverse work environment. We provide a full benefits package consisting of medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) and stock options.
BlackArrow is an equal opportunity employer. Principals only, please.
Browse our current openings, or drop us a line with your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us what inspires you.
12 May 2009 6:37 PM