WeatherBill is looking for a talented and quantitative-oriented Vice President of Marketing to join our growing team to develop our marketing strategy and execute against our goals.
The US Dept of Commerce estimates that the weather has an adverse impact on $3.8Trillion of the US GDP, causing 80% of businesses across nearly every sector of the economy to lose money each year. WeatherBill sells uniquely customizable weather coverage products primarily through channel partners, which vary by target industry and region, to both businesses and individuals. The VP Marketing role requires a nimble and creative leader comfortable working across industries to develop new channels and support the full lifecycle of channel market development, from lead generation, through to campaign execution and training and support.
In all efforts, you will be required to develop and manage marketing efforts using well-defined metrics and targets, iterating quickly and efficiently to drive results. Our technological platform is highly extensible, so you will also work closely with the product team to identify and deliver weather coverage products that may be well-suited to specific industries and channels.
This role provides an experienced marketing or product marketing candidate with a unique opportunity to take an early leadership position in a market leading, rapidly growing company on the road to becoming a very large business with a real financial and economic impact. WeatherBill is an early-stage company with a smart, motivated, and hard working team, so you must be eager to contribute meaningfully right away.
Who You Are:
- 10+ years marketing or product marketing leadership at leading B2B services, software, or Internet businesses in both early and late stages
- Quantitative-oriented - you manage every marketing effort as an experiment, with clear quantitative metrics and targets assigned to each task
- Strong and deep understanding of software and/or Internet technologies
- Creative, high-energy personality - you can generate unique ideas and take them all the way to execution and measurement
- Significant and demonstrated strength in building out and supporting a channel business from scratch
- Hands-on online marketing expertise with a clear understanding of how to capture and convert an audience
- Strong work ethic a must - there is much to be done around here and we want someone to join our team that will own their goals and drive the team forward
- Experience in financial services or insurance preferred
- Degree in mathematics, statistics, or physical sciences preferred
What You'd Do:
- Identify key target markets for WeatherBill's unique services
- Identify potential channel partners in key markets and design, develop, and execute marketing campaigns with sales and business development teams
- Develop content and collateral for, and train and support, channel partners
- Develop and manage campaigns for direct sales to both businesses and consumers
- Work with product team to develop product strategy by vertical and deliver platform features to support partners
- Manage a marketing team to support your efforts
What We Offer:
- Driven, motivated, and talented team that believes in working hard and playing hard
- Energetic, idea-driven and transparent work environment
- Exciting world-changing opportunity - we are striving to do something very big about something that affects everyone
- Great location: SOMA, near the ballpark, cool, red-brick, open office
- Competitive salary and great benefits, including excellent equity packages
Please send your resume to email@example.com with the title of the position in the subject line.