As part of a 24x7 team, the Systems Administrator position will be responsible for the maintenance and support of all server equipment in our architecture. We are looking for a proactive individual and interested in building something rather than maintaining what has already built. Thinking out side of the box is encouraged.
• Administer 100+ productions systems 90% linux, 10% windows
• Maintain and improve monitoring
• Administer netvault backup tape library
• cfengine adminstration and changes
• Hardware upgrades and maintenance
• Maintain colocation equipment, kmv, cabling
• Must have experience supporting a customer facing website
• 2+ years experience with Linux
• Some experience with windows as a production application server
• Independent, problem-solving, self-directed, proactive knowledge of load balancing
• Should have solid understanding of core unix functions, i.e. Mail, dns, kernel tuning etc.
• Familiarity with advanced storage technologies: SAN, NAS, etc.
• Ability to write scripts in some administrative language (perl, python, shell)
• Excellent analytic ability, strong communication skills, and a strong sense of urgency
• Ability to handle periodic on-call duty as well as out-of-band requests
• load balancing
VideoEgg is a new kind of rich media advertising network that guarantees brand engagement. The network is composed of over 100 million uniques across more than 400 leading video, gaming, and social network sites as well as social applications and blogs, bringing outstanding consumer reach and engagement to its advertising partners. An advertising innovator, VideoEgg was the first to commercialize interactive advertising overlays onto video, an approach that is being widely adopted by the industry.
Founded in 2005 and based in San Francisco, with offices across North America, in the UK and Australia, the company is privately held and backed by August Capital, First Round Capital, Maveron, WPP and Focus Ventures. For more information on VideoEgg, please visit www.videoegg.com.
Please submit all resumes to email@example.com.
27 Feb 2009 6:08 PM